• VILLAGE HILL COHOUSING (VHC) is an inclusive, multi-generational community with 28 homes located one mile from the vibrant downtown area of Northampton, Massachusetts, next to Smith College, and adjacent wooded conservation land.
• Healthy living, personal growth, mutual support and ecologically sustainable practices – together with personal privacy – are among the major benefits Village Hill Cohousing offers.
• Walking and bike paths, plus nearby bus routes, make VHC the perfect location for eco-minded families and individuals who want to live lightly on the land in a forward-thinking larger community. Many of the current Members have worked with project developer Sunwood Builders and Fitch Architects to cooperatively design the community.
About Village Hill Cohousing:
The entire infrastructure of the Village Hill Cohousing site will be energy-efficient construction, balancing a greatly reduced ecological impact with sustainability and livability.
• Compassionate living, sustainability, community and connection
• Working towards building a diverse, multi-generational community
• Energy-efficient homes and common house
• Green space, gardens and beautiful views, surrounded by protected conservation land
Features of VHC:
• Variety of unit sizes, types and prices
• A short walk or bike ride to downtown Northampton
• Close to restaurants, entertainment, arts, music, education (hub of the “Five-College” area)
• Close to bike rail trails, hiking, snowshoe and cross-country ski trails, waterways, and many rich opportunities for outdoor activities
• Local bus line stop and rail trail spur are in the neighborhood
• Bus and Amtrak service to major cities; 45-minute drive to Bradley International Airport
• Centrally located in New England: about 4.0 hours to New York City, less than 2 hours to Boston
A city of 30,000 people, Northampton is a unique and special blend of urban and rural, historic and contemporary, intellectual, artsy, athletic, and entrepreneurial energy. The Pioneer Valley hosts five colleges and universities.
For more information, visit:
If our shared values of compassionate living, sustainability, community and connection resonate with you, we look forward to speaking with you.
To edit your listing, follow these instructions.